DJ-20 blade placement

I'm reading the owner's manual to set the blades and wondering if anyone has any tips to make this task easier. The Magna-set looks like a nice tool, but trying to spend less money if possible.

Reply to
Phisherman

----------------------------- Great gadget, does the job.

Had one but certainly didn't spend more that $10-$15 for it.

Don't remember where I got it but it was by mail order.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

shop made magnetic jig to set the blades. The video shows the use.

This is one of the best treatises on doing so I've seen ... worth the price of admission.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks for the responses. I completed the blade replacement. The dial indicator and magnetic base worked great at setting the blades to the same height as the outfeed table. The Fine Woodworking articles had some good tips.

Reply to
Phisherman