DeWalt Radial Arm Saw Parts Prices

The yoke lock on my 70's vintage B&D "DeWalt" radial arm saw kept loosening. After much fiddling, it became apparent that the adjustment washer internal tab had broken off. The tab rides in a groove in the king bolt.

Of course DeWalt didn't have the part, and advised me to call Wolfe Machinery. The wanted $15 for this stamped-out sheetmetal 2" diameter piece and $7 for shipping a 0.5 oz. item.

I did order the part from Original Saw Company. They had a minimum $15 order policy, but gave me a "deal" and sold the part for $10 and "a couple bucks shipping". The total came to $17.29 as my Visa statement shows, however.

After ordering the part, I took the old washer and made a new tab on it. This kludge worked. So if anyone is in the market for this vintage part, I could let it go for my minimum order fee of $100 plus S&H, and applicable municipal, county, and state taxes, of course.

John Pinkham

Reply to
John Pinkham

I had to buy a small plastic pritner part for a printer I had. The price for the part was fairly reasonable, $2 something, but the company wanted $25 for shipping and handling on any order under $50. Since I had the same printer that I was fixing, I decided to buy 5 of the parts to bring the price per part down. Likely won't ever use the extra parts.

Maybe I'll buy your washer > The yoke lock on my 70's vintage B&D "DeWalt" radial arm saw kept loosening.

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

I have a vintage, pre B&D Dewalt ras and may need some parts. Can you post the complete info for these companies please.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner