DeWalt Radial Arm Saw

I have just acquired a second hand DeWalt 10" Radial Arm Saw -- picked up from a local joiners shop for the cost of delivery.

It is a 3 phase 4HP machine running at 240/415 volts here in the UK. My workshop is fitted with 3 phase.

There is no model number on the machine. Anyone know how I could identify the model so that I can try and get a manual? Also, anyone any advice on using radial arm saws?

Many thanks in advance.

Malcolm Webb

Reply to
Malcolm Webb

My first thought is that there's a Nigerian in the wood pile. Seems like a whole lotta horses for such a wee blade.

I would go to the OWWM and page through what they have there.

owwm.com

Trouble is I don't think there will be a positive model match with you being a feriner and all though the basic machine fixings should be identical to the 'Murican saw. On the other hand, I'm under the impression that DeWalt still sells radical alarm saw to you European types so you might be best to consult a local retailer of things power tools.

There's a lot written out there but the definitive book is/was by the late Mr. Sawdust.

mrsawdust.com

There are other books but those are usually only advertised on eBay.

It's just that easy.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Ask here:

Radial Arm Saw Forum:

Rumpty

While you haven't claimed a gloat, I must still say "you suck" .

That is if it is in anything even slightly resembling decent condition one Hell of a nice saw.

Don't know about finding the model number and manual, but you should get two books--, which, while it has a great deal of interest to anyone using any Radial Arm Saw is really aimed at users of DeWalts, and , which is a for-pay ebook (you may also find a used copy of the paper version somewhere) which specifically deals with setting up and adjusting and covers all the major brands in some detail.

Between those two you should be able to get going even without a manual.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm too modest to claim a gloat :-)

The machine looks to be in good condition and is in full working order and has had a new table fitted.

I'm the sort of guy who reads the instructions on the back of a new toothbrush before I take it out of the packet so you will understand why I "need" the manual.

It's ironic really how I came about this machine. When we bought this house 9 months ago, the previous owner had a RAS in the workshop/Garage and told me it wasn't for sale -- he was taking it. Last week, we took delivery of some pine furniture from a local manufacturer and when it was delivered the guy said he had been to our house before to collect a saw which they bought from the previous owner. He said they still had the old one as a spare in the workshop but it hadn't been used since they acquired the "new" one which was bigger and better. She asked if it was for sale and they said not really, butif we had any use for it they would happily let us have it for the cost of delivery in cash -- £UK50. So that's how it came about.

Thanks to all for the information and advice.

Malcolm Webb

Reply to
Malcolm Webb

Malcolm, You may want to look at the yahoo group, DewaltRadialArmSaw. They have some very knowledgable folks that are really into radial arm saws. If you email Allen Eden at Original Saw Company with the nameplate data from your saw they can probably tell you more about your saw than you ever wanted to know. Scott.

Reply to
Scott McAuley