DeWalt 7790 Radial Arm Saw

I plan on selling this saw , but would like to hear from others, on what a fair price to ask would be I haven't put it to much use, but what I have, it runs tight and true.........

You in Advance Ray

Reply to
Ray White

The same saw now built by Original Saw costs $3,000 USD, On Ebay this would bring well over $500.

Reply to
Rumpty

Actually the 7790 is a 10" saw and I don't think Original makes (ever made) anything that small.

If you want to unload it really fast ask $100. I think getting something in the $200 range would be more in line for real value and if you wait long enough for the right buyer something in the $300 range could be doable. Above that and you're either a hellava salesman or someone really wants that saw.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I sold mine for $200

Reply to
littlewing1

The 7790 is one of the best late B&D DeWalts, it's worth well over $500.00. Other than the length of the arm it's equivalent to the OSC 3512.

Reply to
Rumpty

Not trying to dis the 7790 but comparing it to the Original Saw 3512?

of them is 200 lbs. huger than the other.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

UA100,

Actually the 7790 I have and the one in the OP pictures is a 12" saw. I think the 7730/40 is the 10" saw but I am not sure. Mine is the all dark grey version. I cannot compare it to a Original Saw Company saw as I have never used or even seen one, but it compares fine to most of the industrial DeWalts from the 50's and 60's that I have seen and used. Granted it's not a 5-7.5hp motor, but it has handled 8 and 16/4 hard maple with no problems. It's as well built or better than my 1957 9" MBF.

I felt I was fortunate getting mine for $650 after only being used to build to kitchens worth of cabinets.

David

Reply to
DL

I want to Thank you guys for responding......

The saw was definitely built as a 12" saw. Back around the late 70's, this saw was purchased by a gentlemen who was in the process of setting up a wood shop, for his soon to be retirement, when he became ill and passed away. From what I have been told, it sat for 20 years, until the wife passed away.

My thoughts were it has to be worth about $350.00, if any one is interested, please let me know, I'll entertain all offers..............Next week I plan to try E-Bay..........I am in Central NJ, on the ocean.....

Ray

Reply to
Ray White