Delta Unifence's solution!!!!

For those of us who have fought the Unifence's shortcomings, we have a wonderful solution: the Uni-T-Fence!!!! Mine came in today and it is incredible!! This thing is built like a tank and will have both board buddies AND featherboards on it soon. It MORE than overcomes the advantages of the Bies fence in my opinion. For all ya'll with a Unifence, please look at this website-and the girl who answers the phone is extremely capable and friendly! All in all, I am Much more than happy! If Delta had ANY sense, they would buy this guy's company and make it standard on the Unifence; it would wipe out the Bies fence advocates in a few months (in my opinion!)

Happy cutting!!!

Ramsey

I have a Uni-T-Fence and love it.

You can easily attach jigs and hold downs in the T slots. It is easier to clamp to since it is rectangular like the Bies. And it does nearly everything the Unifence does well.

Also - if you need to use the Unifence again, you just swap the two parts out. Very easy.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Sounds like a shameless shill to me. :-) If I didn't have one, I'd accuse you of being a company minion. I agree with Ramsey, hthe Uni-T fence works well. My Unifence had a dish in it (vertical) that cause issues with being able to maintain a uniform cut for varied wood heights. The Uni-T is thus far dead flat (I'm a bit concerned that the UHMW plastic may bow on me on the future).

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Since Delta already had the good sence to by the company that made the Biesemeyer it's probably a sucker bet that they don't have running it (the Biesemeyer product) into the ground as a high priority on their To Do list, doncha think?

UA100, who thinks Delta does have some less obvious ways of running the company into the ground, just not this one...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yep, have one, had one for a long time. for me works much better then the standard fence. Had built a "cover" for the original and there was a different type of "board buddies" that work with the original. But IMHO all the work arounds i had to do with the original went away with the Uni-T, it just works as is. Most anything you want to do is easier and any jigs and stops you need are simpler to design and build. Not a bad price either. I have the original around, thought i might need it but so far it has just sit in the corner.

BRuce

Ramsey wrote:

Reply to
BRuce