INCRA TS-3a, Why would anyone use something else?

Given the price of what these fences cost now, why would someone NOT go with an Incra Fence? Aside from having a REALLY small shop.

I've been pricing fences for two weeks and just cannot imagine paying $30-$50 less for a Bies or something of lesser quality.

What am I missing?

Reply to
Elmar

Incra make wonderful products and I have several of their miter fences. My objection to this saw fence is that it requires a rail on the back of the saw which inhibits the installation of an extension table. I have a permanently attached table that lets me fully support a 4 x 8 sheet oriented in either direction. To do this I use a Delta UniFence with a Uni-T-Fence.

gives me the best fence system I have ever seen or used.

Phil

Elmar wrote:

Reply to
Phil

I dunno, 'cause we're igorant? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Maybe because it is more trouble than most fences to set from full wide rips to narrow rips. Or maybe because removing and replacing the fence is more trouble than a Beis. Or like you said, you needs lots of room for it to operate in its widest rip position and it needs lots of room to store off the saw. I guess one of those reasons is enough for the majority of people..

Reply to
Leon

because One Incra fence per shop is enough?? I've got one on my router table; my Unisaw has a Bies. Love it. There's a LOT more Bies's out there than Incra's.

dave

Elmar wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave