How to stain Anderon doors?

Well, it's too late now for me...but I tried to stain some Anderson sliding doors( you know, the ones with the white painted melamine exterior and the wood veneer interior) but I couldn't get the veneer to accept stain for beans. Not only that, but the stain is blotchy and definitely not the color I was after. Now I'm stuck with them. Plus. each set(I goofed twice!) has glue lines that wouldn't stain at all. I expected better quality from Anderson products. Any hints as to how to do this the correct way in the future?

Reply to
rich brenz

After my experience with Andersen I'd suggest Marvin or Pella. I believe that Andersen has better marketing than product.

Phil

rich brenz wrote:

Reply to
Phil