biesemeyer vs unifence on delta saw ???

Thanks for all your input. On previous post I think I am convinced that new is better than used and Delta's unisaw seems to be top grade. Now the fence. I here the biesemeyer is top of the line. Yet Delta offers the unifence. What is the difference and current option is no difference in cost. ?????????

Reply to
Kirk E. Dobihal

Kirk Dobihal asks:

I think this one has pretty much been done to death, if you want to check google.

The Biesemeyer is a tank, handles like a dream, lasts damned near forever. The Unifence is more versatile, has a fence face that can be slid back and forth and removed (and there's an optional short fence if you want to go European style). It also flips over when slide off, tightening itself up with the table when replaced in its second position so that cutting laminates is easier, with fewer problems of laminates slipping under the fence.

Both are supremely accurate, easy to install, durable, but the Biesemeyer is all steel where it counts, while the Unifence has an extruded aluminum face that is more easily damaged--do NOT drop a whole house fan motor on that fence! DAMHIKT.

Charlie Self "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Charlie Self

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

A fellow woodworking club member who has both types claims to like them both, for different reasons.

How's that for a non-answer?

In the grand scheme of things, since either choice is pretty much top of the line, there are larger questions of life to worry about,

Like the crummy steel used in the low end Marples chisels....;-)

Patriarch

ps: I like my Biesemeyer. A lot.

Reply to
patriarch

Both are "top of the line" fences and it boils down to a matter of choice.

The Beis is certainly easier to "jig up" because of its 90 degree, parallel faces, but there is nothing shabby at all about the UniFence, especially if you ultimately equip it with the Uni-T-Fence, which is a drop in replacement for the fence itself:

that "upgrade" alone makes the UniFence well worth considering, IMO ... but you will spend a bit more.

Hard to go wrong with either.

Reply to
Swingman

They are both great fences. High accurate, stay adjusted, and zero flex. I have never heard anyone who had the Beismeyer wish they had the Unifence. I have heard someone who owned the Unifence say that they wish that they had the Beismeyer. Not a scientific survey by any means but it seems that the people who create designs for task specific jigs focus on the Beismeyer.

Bob

Reply to
RWM

Biesemeyer is a great fence but I love my Unifence!

I too have a Uni-T-Fence and, in my opinion, gives you the best of both worlds.

However, you won't go wrong with either fence.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

IIRC, it may have been your initial inquiry to someone a couple of years back that clued me in to the Uni-T-Fence. I saved the post.

Thanks! :)

Reply to
Swingman

...let's really confuse people!!!...I think (or I dreamt it) that the company that owns Delta also owns Beismeyer!!!

I guess if I had the Unisaw that I would leave stationary I would go for the Beis...due to space problems I went for the Delta contractor's saw on mobile base and was given the choice...I have no regrets with taking the Unifence for this saw. It stores easy right in the saw stand and I have found some of the adjustment features to be useful.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

IN my earlier days as a tool salesman I can give you the best answer to your question: Which fence is better?... The one we had the most of in stock and needed to sell. That is the best one. Not really ...just kidding, it is just personal preference, does'nt make a nickle's worth of difference in the long run. Both will make you happy.....We have one of each here at the school and each person has different reasons for liking one over another.... Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

It is even worse that that. Delta, and not the parent company, owns Beismeyer.

bob

Reply to
RWM