DELTA UnI- SAW

I am trying to find out what a saw is worth. It is 240v 1PH and the cat # is 34761 S and the SN is 85110749 . Now is this an 87 model? As a club we just bought our first saw stop so now this is surplus. and the powermatic will be surplus also in the near future. Some how I get the feeling someone want to sell this unit to a friend for $50 to$100. Think it is well worth more than that. Still runs great but some of the old geezers here have the feeling " A MAN OF MY STATURE AND SOCIAL STANDING IN THE COMMUNITY SHOULD HAVE THIS " Seems like ever since they went up to the villages near ocala and saw what they had , then we had to have better and newer. They unit can be powered up to try when ever someone wants to try it out.

Reply to
Good Name

Good Name,

More than $100 and less than $2000.

Pics?

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

:) That otta' cover it... :)

Sounds like reasonably large-sized place to have a club and saw some reference to Ocala so guess must be somewhere in FL. You can check eBay and Craig's list and local want ads and probably find several quite similar for sale and recently sold to get an idea what market is. Good Delta stuff goes reasonably well, but rarely for as much as one might like. I'd guess the $6-800 range would be reasonable, probably although that's a SWAG w/o doing any recent looking...

The lowball is just that, though, imo and shouldn't be accepted as being in the overall best interest of the club members methinks. Sounds like somebody is hoping to "cherry pick" here, maybe. :(

Reply to
dpb

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Good Name) wrote in news:4508-46782F57-823 @storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net:

Saws like this, in decent shape, sell in the San Francisco Bay Area for $1100-$1600, depending on accessories, shape and marketing. Beaters can be as low as $500, but will need a lot of work.

Florida can't be that different.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thank you folks for some insight. I know for scrap it has to be worth almost $100. This saw is in the tampa area. I just used it yesterday and runs fine. Shop has AC so no rust. Just a standard fence. When the powers that be decide what they will do and if anyone interested you can e=mail me . And I expect they will get the second saw stop in a very short time and replace the powermatic. Go figure we have two 10 saws and one 12" saw. all three run fine. but they are not new. Hell we don't even know who will pay when someone fires it, the user or the club. Guess it is kind of easy when you get to spend someone elses money. And some have pleaded with the 9 member board to bring it to a full membership vote. OH nOOOOOo we don't have to do that, you gave us that right when we were elected. Maybe so but somewhere a courtesy to the members should play in here. Enough ranting on this subject. Let me know if I can help anyone

Reply to
Good Name

If I understand your post correctly, two words ... "liability", "insurance".

In this day and age anyone providing a saw for second party use would have to be foolish/stupid not to have the technology ... and the lawyers will reinforce that point shortly, count on it.

You could see it coming a mile away.

Reply to
Swingman

We lucky to be in SFO, plenty of cheap and good used woodworking tools in craigslist. I paid $1,500 for one Delta jointer DJ-20 and a 3hp Unisaw (made in USA) with 27" x 76" table, Beisemeyers fence and mobile base. ..

Reply to
WD

to be foolish/stupid not to have the >technology ... and the lawyers will reinforce that point >shortly, count on it.

Amen. Not only are we living in nervous tension of not being politically correct around groups that could impact our businesses, livelihoods, or our pocket books, but this is a going to be a new frontier for lawyers.

Already a full department in some law firms, it will be a sad day indeed when the "Industrial Safety and Accidents Division" of one of the large litigating firms gets ahold of this in a few years when there are a few thousand of them out there in clubs and shops.

All they will have to prove is that the safety technology was available, and no amount of waivers, disclaimers or exculpatory language will save the club or its members.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Trust me...

Depending on where you are in Florida, the SF Bay area can be a LOT different.

Reply to
B A R R Y