delta planer 22-580

While lowering the cutting head on my planer, the scale meter stops at 5/8" ( the head is still lowering ) ... Is it normal, does anyone has notice the samething on his machine ???

I don't have any other alternative to use a caliper for thickness smaller than 5/8"

Thanks

Alain Poupart

Reply to
Alain Poupart

I hate it when people ask these question late at night. I had to put shoes on, go out to the garage (it's 40 degrees right now) and take a peek at mine. Curiosity makes you do these things.

I just cranked it down to 1/4" on the scale. I don't know what the problem with yours is, but it should be showing proper dimension all the way down. The other problem is that now you have to drag an 85# machine someplace for service. Good luck, but at least it is still covered under the warranty. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski