Gloat: Delta 22-580 planer..... WOW

Just picked up the new planer this afternoon and one word does it justice. WOW..... I had considered the 13" Ridgid from the Borg and the new DeWalt 735. Yea, I know Woodcraft is having a sale the 13th, but the timing was off for that to work for me. First test piece was a scrap hunk of Red Oak. Ran at the sizing speed and it is pretty smooth. Then ran a the "Finishing" speed taking 1/64th... can you say "Baby Butt Smooth"... I am impressed. No measurable snipe. I can feel a shoulder, but can't measure it and it sands out with almost no effort. The finish is so smooth, I think I could spray the poly on it and call it done with no sanding, but some how that just does not feel right. Wanted to give a first impression for those of you shopping for a new generation planer.

LFW

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net

Reply to
L. Wilson

Glad you're happy! Let me make you a little happier. Go to

and click on the rebate links. The 22-580 has a $50.00 rebate right now.

Joey

Reply to
Joseph Smith

Hey hombre, I know what you mean. One of my homies and me got hold of some wood for my shop. We snuck in the back, and Saturday morning, I chopped a piece of Oak with my new axe I took from the neighbor. The wood was a smooth as the cheek of my ass. Even with the little place where I sat on the cigarette lighter of my coche and have a terrible scar.

Reply to
juan fandango

It won't look right AFTER the finish is on, either.

Wipe the wood with mineral spirits and look at it in the right light. You'll see what I mean.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .