Delta 36-465

Hello All,

Can anyone point me to the specs of this table saw? DAGS turns up very little regarding this saw but refers to it being similar to the 36-444. Obviously there must be some differences in the models. What are those differences and what would a used in good shape one fetch?

TIA

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

Can't help you on a lot of this, but according to my go-to site

a very similar parts list and expanded diagram is used for both saws. It appears there might have been a range of different fences included with the '444 and its closer bretheren--the '465 shows a specific fence and parts, while the '444 does not.

Reply to
LRod

Promotional differences translated into number differences for the benefit of those selling them. You could discount one, not the other, though they were essentially the same. Changes in construction were made within the same model number, so go figure.

Good shape is worth half the price of new in my book. Sometimes more, where the machine is of a type or construction no longer obtainable.

My 34-410 is about as basic as you can get in the line of Delta contractors' saws. Wouldn't trade it for new unless it was several steps above in the food chain.

Reply to
George

Based on the parts list that comes up in ServiceNet, it is the same saw as the 36-444, American made if that matters to you, probably with a Marathon motor that would be rated at 2HP wired to 230V and the strongest 1.5 available when wired to 115.

The number 36-465 could be a masterbox number if more than one item came with the sale (fence, mobile base, etc.) or a promotional number for a one box unit. What does the serial plate give for a number?

Value is in the eye of the beholder. I would rate it highly compared to the imported units of this day and age.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

"Eric Scantlebury" wrote in message news:xR68h.722$ki3.589@trndny01...

Thanks for the replys. Now I guess I just have to figure out what it's worth to me and what to offer.

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

"Eric Scantlebury" wrote in message news:xR68h.722$ki3.589@trndny01...

Ok, this might be a stupid question for a follow up, but I've spent an hour already trying to find this. How would one go about finding the cast iron wings that would fit this series of saws. You would think the obvious point of embarkation would be Delta's web site but they don't list that under their table saw accessories page. Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

Checked Amazon, no joy. Might give a call to someplace like Woodworkers' Supply, who deals in Delta.

Why? Thirty years on steel so far, and no complaint here.

Reply to
George

Just thinking - that's all. I'll stay with the steel for a little while anyway. It's nice to have the option though.

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

You may have to order them as a "replacement" rather than an accessory. I think any of the 27" extensions should fit. Call a Delta dealer for a price.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski