Help with Adjusting Trunion bolts on Delta 36-444

Hi all,

Has anyone adjusted their trunions to fix an out of wack blade on a delta 36-444? I did something to my table saw last weekend that caused the back of blade to be 1/8" closer to fence then front of blade.

(I was cutting some wood at 45degree angle, only discover when I turned on machine the blade was pinched against the insert, I turned it off, pulled out insert and thought problem was fixed, but... from that point forward all wood was hitting the splitter which appeared out of adjustment, only it was the blade that was out of adjustment.)

The Delta 36-444 has no instruction how to adjust the trunions. I loosened up the back ones, tapped it lightly with a sledge (neanderthal technique), but the trunions appear to have a single hole alligned with their reciprocal threads in the table top. It does not appear to have any play for adjusting??

Has anyone adjusted their trunions to fix an out of wack blade on a delta 36-444?

Thanks for any info.

-Kevin

Reply to
kevin m

On 26 Aug 2003 19:17:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kevin m) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

try one of these systems,,,they are the only way to go for trunion adjustment.

Traves W. Coppock

Kevin,

Try this FAQ at Delta's website:

Reply to
Dave

Thanks everyone for the great information!

The allignment tools look very useful for micro adjustents, I think I'll order a set.

The delta faq was a good find, I did alot of net searching before I posted, I didn't even think of checking on the delta site.

The first hand lessons-learned experience will be very helpful when I try to fix the saw this weekend.

Thanks again.

-Kevin

Reply to
kevin m

Just a cautionary note: The bolts in that Delta can/will shear off if you use gorilla hands on the "tighten it up" phase.

A sheared off bolt can be VERY painful.

Let's be very careful out there.

kev>

Reply to
Pat Barber

A good rule of thumb is to take all the Tiawanese/Chinese bolts and replace with high strength US versions....mjh

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide