Criminal woodworking

It's mind-boggling that anyone would be dumb enough to fall for this. Either that or she thought she was getting a stolen iPad cheap.

buys fake, wooden iPad for $180

Men scam woman in McDonald's parking lot

Reply to
DGDevin

Many people are just too trusting. What is really dumb that she didn't open the box on the spot, if for no other reason to make sure it wasn't empty.

Paul T.

Reply to
Paul T.

I wonder what kind of wood the McPad was made of?

Reply to
Bill

Ironwood, which was then converted into steal ;-)

John

Reply to
news

Are you positively sure it wasn't Apple (wood)?

Maybe they told her it was an Apple McPad and she just didn't hear it right?

Reply to
Bill

> Woman buys fake, wooden iPad for $180

Wow, she sure got taken. I only paid $150 for mine and it is made of genuine pine wood. Anyone know how to charge it? The manual turned to sawdust.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Apple. Obviously.

Reply to
Doug Miller

>> Woman buys fake, wooden iPad for $180

The guys should have been easy to catch, their car has no rims!

Reply to
Leon

Obviously, NOT Apple.

P.S: McDognuts shoppers carry around that much money?

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Probably just cashed her paycheck.

Reply to
Leon

Ouch! That works out to $4.50/hr. Plus lunch.

-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Then the authorities come and kick in her door and confiscate her "woody iPad" and charge he for possession of a restricted species.

LOL

Ironwood, which was then converted into steal ;-)

John

Reply to
m II

ouch

Reply to
Robatoy

>> Woman buys fake, wooden iPad for $180

this issue falls 100% on the buyer.

Reply to
Steve Barker

My guess is she was not too trusting -- she was too dishonest. She figured they were "hot" and she wanted a piece of the action. The unfortunate thing is she lost only $180.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

There are plenty of cliches that cover this, but "a fool and his/her money are soon parted" fits perfectly.

My question is how does someone that farking stupid make $180?

Oh yeah ... probably a welfare check.

Reply to
Swingman

Between the sealed FedEx boxes, the shabby car and the gold tooth, it probably looked like a "professional thief". So she thought she was getting a stolen product. He WAS a thief. He was just stealing from her.

That aside..., would you buy an electronic product from somebody in a fast food restaurant parking lot? With a gold tooth?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Easy come, easy go ... "

;)

Reply to
Swingman

Exactly so. The basic principle of swindles is that you can't con an honest man.

Reply to
Doug Miller

But you can be both honest and greedy and be swindled ... 'Bernie Madeoff with billions' proved that.

Reply to
Swingman