OK to pour concrete in fall/winter?

Is it OK to pour concrete (8" sonotubes with footing) at this time of year in the northeast where it is starting to go below freezing at night? Even if I protect it with insulation, will it cure properly or be damaged over the winter? Thanks,

-- JD

Reply to
Jeff

I had a concrete driveway and garage slab poured last year in November in Minnesota, and the concrete guy did an extrordinary job. A little cold weather doesn't hurt. If it gets really cold, they gotta be ready to insulate with straw or thermal blankets or something to keep the heat in.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Yes if you take precautions to insulate.

had a tech note on it. Don't use an additive to speed curing because it will probably weaken it.

Reply to
Art

It is not nearly cold enough yet to stop pouring. Below grade the temperature is stable. You probably have another 4 to 6 weeks with no problems.

Reply to
RE Quick Transit