My next home/kitchen design setup?

SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Reply to
Swingman

Wow! and all you need is four difernet display devices. I wonder if larger projects, like a hi-rise, you would need to book a drive in theater? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

With eInk and nanotechnology, that could be folded up and put in your pocket!

In not too many more years there will be no need to go onsite at all ... all subcontractors will be robots that you control from your office screen.

Can you believe that, in the not that distant past, the carpenters union specified the weight and length of handle that your hammer must have when framing a house!

If a union goon showed up on site and your handle was too long, you had to cut it to the union approved length at once, or be fined, or fired, or both.

How times change ...

Reply to
Swingman

All will be better with the new line of Festool Graphene saw blades.

Reply to
Robatoy

We will need to be vigilant that BILL doesn't become HAL. JoeG ( Kubrick's 2001 computer)

Reply to
GROVER

The government has already put that into motion, our president is the mindless robot.

Reply to
Leon

We will need to be vigilant that BILL doesn't become HAL. JoeG ( Kubrick's 2001 computer)

LOL I don't think the real young people will get the HAL remark. Only us old duffs. WW

Reply to
WW

more of the same

SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL

Reply to
m II

Holy Shitte, Maynard! (still laughing)

Do they use $60k worth of hardware and software to figure out which new door handles to select and use? How many weeks worth of input did that take, and what's the cost to the customer?

-- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

AAMOF, I routinely do that now ... and yep, with SU (just a bit shy of $60k). :)

Just went through the exercise last week with drawer pulls on a client's desk project.

She gave me the online link of the drawer pulls, I modeled them, embedded them in the desk model, emailed her an exported jpg, and the day after that the drawer pulls were in hand and installed, via FedEx direct to the shop:

without a single face to face or phone conversation.

Notice no woman was involved in the selection ... there better be automatic undo/redo.

Reply to
Swingman