Soil pipe, not enough fall?

I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those maserator things.

Reply to
garym999

Build the cabin higher off the ground ? Build some type of ramp to get in that hides/protects the sewer pipe until it goes under the true ground level. No real other option without some type of pump, but when you say the drain is 400mm below surface, do you mean the invert of the drain, or some kind of grating ? Sorry if this insults you intelligence ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Dunster on the roof? ;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

The message from "garym999" contains these words:

Put the bog high up.

Reply to
Guy King

Either:

  1. increase the height
  2. connect to the drain deeper (if it actually runs deeper)
  3. connect to the drain closer (if it actually runs closer)
  4. install a pump
  5. install a klargester

Whether you like macerators or not, the laws of gravity still apply!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

  1. install a composting toilet

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not sure what current regs say but ISTR that 1:80 is possible with a high standard of workmanship and a WC. My (old) Hunter guide says so. Might just work for you at 27m.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

That's good enough probably. I think you can go to 1:100..consults building regs 2000..

Almost. for 100mm pipe as long as peak flow is > 1 liter per second 1 in

80 is allowed.

otherwise 1:40 is minimum for lower flow.

I am sure a flushing toilet is more than 1 liter per second.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's enough fall, turds are never going to climb uphill even if it is only

1:70, failing that, have you not thought about moving the 'log' cabin closer to the house? - it saves on plumbing, electrics and walking 27m in the pissing down rain.
Reply to
Phil L

I would suggest that most potential buyers of the house would sooner have their ears cut off.

OTOH if the building is a "Temporary Building" a Porta Potti might be your salvation.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

  1. just go back to the house on the odd occasion
Reply to
PeTe33

How would they know? I think they've progressed since the Mk I Plankwivvahole

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Chees for all the comments ;-)

Just wondered how the problem is normally overcome. I'm seem to recall that the builder commented that there was not much scope for decent fall into the main sewer and hence the knockon effect now that I'm looking at the cabin further from the house and the sewer. The cabin will be off the gound but I'd prefer the pipe to be burried.

Reply to
garym999

We told you. 1 in 80 is acceptable and to regulations. According to your dimensions you will have one in 67 or so..

As long as the pipe is laid accurately you won;t have large turds stuck in your bog.Make sure you have a proper rodding point thats all. And if the pipe is near the surface I recommend a path laid over the gravel you bury it in.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher