Craftsman 14 in. Band Saw #22424

Hi,

Just wondering if there's anyone out there that has/does use this saw and what there opinions were of it. Looking for a bandsaw for a hobby/garage shop.

Regards,

Dale

Reply to
Dale Lorenzen

I'd say, for the same money or less you can and should get a real brand, like a Delta or a General. Or this one, Rikon:

hear in this group that Rikon are very desireable. But me knowing nothing about it (to be honest with you) I still would not start out with a $469.99 Craftsman when "real" brands are out there, in the same price range. And even then, a lot depends on warrenty and company service policies of makers. Sears charges a serious premium on replacement parts.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

I hear in this group that Rikon are very desireable. But me knowing

One catch with the Rikon (that model anyway--don't know about the others they make) is that it won't take a riser block so the resaw capability is limited.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yup. Been looking at them as well as one by Jet and Grizzley. All appear to be find saws, although I'm a little leary of the Rikon. Not because it isn't a good saw. Just doesn't seem to be that many places carrying them yet.

Reason why I was asking for opinions on this other one is because it's all part of that new line of tools they just released. This one seems to be a much higher quality than their power tools of the recent past. It's in the same line as their new table saws which a few in the group have given 'two thumbs up' too.

Cheers,

Dale

hobby/garage

like a Delta or a General.

I hear in this group that Rikon are very desireable. But me knowing nothing about it (to be honest

brands are out there,

company service policies

Reply to
Dale Lorenzen