Correct Countersink angle for SPAX screws

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please tell me the correct countersink angle for # 6 "SPAX" flat head screws ? Most US screws are countersunk for 82 degrees, but I thought someone had told me SPAX screws were 90 degrees. I am screwing a flat steel plate to wood, and I need the coutnersink to match up correctly with the screw flat head. I think the spax screws are sometimes called "high performance serrated thread" screws.

Thanks for your help. John

Reply to
John2005

John2005 schrieb:

Hi John, go to

have the technical drawings of all kind of Spax.

regards Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Muehe

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your reply. I did not find any information on the site you gave, but I emailed them.

Mcmaster Carr told me once that the screws were 90 degrees, and then another time that they were 82 degrees. If they are made in Germany, I would guess 90 degrees, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks again, John

Matthias Muehe wrote:

Reply to
John2005

I just found from

that the #6 spax do indeed use a 90 degree countersink, in case it can help anyone.

John

John2005 wrote:

Reply to
John2005