jigsaw blade

I am making an offset base for my router, and using a Bosch jigsaw to cut the acrylic for the base. The packaging for the T144D blades says wood and plastic. Is this the right blade for this job? The teeth on these blades look sort of coarse for this application. Patt

Reply to
Patt

Patt wrote: > I am making an offset base for my router, and using a Bosch jigsaw to cut > the acrylic for the base. The packaging for the T144D blades says wood and > plastic. Is this the right blade for this job? The teeth on these blades > look sort of coarse for this application.

NO, that is a 6TPI blade.

I'd use a 10TPI blade.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

And a slow speed if your saw has it with slow cut rate - prevents the plastic from remelting into the cut line.

Pete

Reply to
cselby