corking wicks

A friend asks me this question: “I'm looking for info on the theoretical/practical difference between these 2 models of corking wick:

._SL1500_.jpg And which one to choose for:

- hide a screw head

- replace a small knot or other crossing defect in a board.”

THANKS

ck

Reply to
ck

No personal experience - but the Lee Valley product description can be helpful sometimes -

It seems the tapered plug cutter only goes to 1/2 inch ; the carbide tipped cutter goes to 3 inches < drill press use >

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I have used both and much prefer using the 4 fluted top plug cutters.

Those cut a tapered plug that goes in tight.

Reply to
Leon