Congratulations, folks!

Especially from "He who used to be B.A.D". He has cleaned up his act a bit...

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I tend to agree. If your filter caught the 50%, other than as a statistic, what's the big deal? Then to follow with "see you in 2005" which apparently means you won't be posting, etc. for a bit also doesn't make sense.

This is the INTERNET way folks. Is now, has been and will be forever. You have to deal with the trolls, etc. as you see fit. Personally, I don't mind wading through a bit of crap to get to some of the more interesting threads on the wreck.

If you don't let it get to you and just hit the delete key, you'll feel a whole lot better.

Of course, as always, this is just MHO,

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Lad, somehow you must of missed the bit of my post where I used the word "filters".

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

The number of interesting threads is declining rapidly...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

In about 6 hours since you posted this thread, there are 22 responses on my machine (I'm pretty frequent with the PLONK) there may be more for other folks... and 6 of them are from you. So, you made a major contribution to the crap you complained about. Thought you were leaving?

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Might want to change that to 2006. Because on Nov.3,2004 who ever lost will be bitching that they got screwed.

Reply to
O D

To wit, this one.

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Then why not just go and BUILD something?!! lol

Have a nice one...

Trent

Trent©

He who used to be BAD, is who now?

Reply to
Leon

Where I did I say that?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

But ya just can't help yourself, can ya?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Go up a couple in the thread. Now known as "David".

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And they'll wait for the Supreme Court to rule on Colorado.

Have a nice one...

Trent

Trent©

If they're being caught by the filters, what's the big deal?

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Who made a big deal out of it?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Just counted for the last couple of days - 420 essentially on-topic posts, 80 political or obscene. That works out to about 19%.

The S/N ratio in here is still pretty good.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Dave, I'd say that many more people reading your post agree with your sentiment than disagree but that's probably not true since most wreckers interested in discussing woodworking have moved on to greener pastures.

I don't see it improving period. Usenet was a great experiment but it's time has come and gone. As sad as it is, r.w. is pretty good relative to other groups but it's catching up pretty fast.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

You might try joining a moderated mail group, Mike. I think they're the wave of the future. There's almost instantaneous response...and the unwanteds simply get booted.

Have a nice one...

Trent

Trent©

I participate in a few other woodworking discussion groups that are quasi-moderated. By that I mean, when a discussion degrades to pointless bickering (or well-before that stage), one of the moderators asks them to cool it and that is usually enough. If people in here would stop responding to the FL Patriot troll, the noise level in here would drop drastically. Extend that practice to avoid Tom W.'s on-line breakdown and the noise would be _very_ tolerable.

Thanks, trying my best.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Hmm! I like that idea. I think I'll start one called "rec.woodworking.all-ages". :)

Reply to
patrick conroy