Card Shoe Plans

Hello all,

I'm a fairly inexperienced woodworker, although I'm improving daily. I was wondering if anyone was aware of a plan for a "card shoe", like the dealers at blackjack or Baccarat tables use to deal cards. (see:

although I'd like something nicer than this.) Is anyone aware of any plans?

Thanks.

Bob Szurgot

By the way, I want to thank everyone that has been participating in this group while I've been learning. You've all been a gigantic help! Thanks!

Reply to
bob.szurgot

Bob,

I'll take a leap at faith here and assume this is not a troll like the dude looking for plans for a laminated slingshot. Your plans are:

Depth = measure the thickness of a deck of cards, times the number of decks for the depth plus 1". Width = measure the length a deck of cards (they will sit horizontally in the holder) plus thickness of wood for both sides + 1/8" to leave some wiggle room Height = measure width of deck of cards plus thickness of wood used for bottom 1/2" ?

To make one nicer than the picture - use imagination and some exotic wood(s).

I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen a request for plans for this item. This will open a whole new world for JOAT to find plans for....;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.