hello all!

just heard about this group yesterday.I plan on jumping in once in a while to ask for advice or offer my two cents worth. My name is Dan and i'm from eastern Canada.What news group is this and where is it located ?

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Dan, as Treasurer of the Wreck, it is my duty to inform you of your monthly dues. They must be paid on time or your posts will be deleted within the hour. Hang on to your two cents, as you'll need them. If you'd care to prepay for an entire year, you'll receive a courtesy discount and a free subscription to "Plans JOAT Culled off the 'Net". That is a $49.95 value, FREE with your pre-paid dues.

Send a check or money order in the amount of $19.95 for the first month, or to receive your free gift subscription, send $199.00 for a year's dues (a savings of $40.40!) to:

Bay Area Dave San Jose, CA

PS: Be sure to send US currency; I can't spend your funny money here! :)

dave

Dan Parrell wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Welcome Dan.... This is the rec.woodworking newsgroup and we're located on the 3rd planet from the sun ....

What are you smokin up there anyway?

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Reply to
Dan Parrell

(hey guys, fresh meat.....)

2 cents canadian?

Hi, Dan.....

uh huh. sure you are.... ; ^ )

this is the wreck, aka rec.woodworking, and it's located in a virtual place called usenet. If you didn't know that yet, how'd you get here?

oh, and welcome. Bridger

Reply to
nospam

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Reply to
Dan Parrell

where what?

we already established that you are in (or at least from) Canada

where is usenet? it's a virtual place. it's physical location is nothing more than a collection of bits of data on hard drives spread all across this planet (sol3 aka earth) tied together by a handfull of protocols. it isn't a "place" in the sense that your living room is.

Bridger

Reply to
nospam

Reply to
Dan Parrell

:) sure thing, Dan, but after 90 days, I need you to send a notarized doctor's excuse, ok?

dave

Dan Parrell wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dan -

This is the rec.woodworking newsgroup, and it is available through your internet service or under "Groups" in Google. But you have to beware, as Dave is a KNOWN rip. Don't send him the $199.00!! The actual rate is only $125, and frankly, I'm surprised that Dave is STILL trying to get away with this. With the monitoring bracelet and home arrest, you'd think he had more sense.

Y'all just send the money to ME, and I'll be sure that everything is okay.

Your new best friend,

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

Not only can Dan take it , It appears that he can dish it out also, I guess he'll fit in When does that new membership voting take place again ???

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

[Burps] [Scratches] [F*rts] [Sings "The Gambler", "Adelweiss", "Rhinestone Cowboy" & "Du Hast Mich"]

Know me now?

-- Mark

P.S. My therapist would love to know what you figure out....

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Last week.

You missed it again!!!!!

(Late as usual)

Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Yo Dan,

Welcome to the wreck as it's alovingly known around here. Post on topic and don't let these guys give you any lip and you'll get along just great in here!

ps: the newsgroup is rec.woodworking and it's located on usenet....if you mean "where are the MEMBERS located," the answer is: no place specific, all over the world, even as far off as Delaware! oooooooh!! =)

Reply to
Jonny Durango

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Yea, but it appears that this one catches on quick. You had better polish up your various shenanigans.

Welcome Dan! As for where the 'Wreck' is located, this is Usenet - unlike various private forums around the web, this on is located at no specific location - it exists on servers spread around the world, not at one specific machine/location.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

T. wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Blasphemy!

Reply to
Greg G.

Dan,

By now you must have realized that Bay Area Dave is an idiot. I suggest you go to the following address and do a search for "bay area dave"

will give you a idea of who your dealing with.

He's a pussy hiding behind a modem.

Reply to
Rich

Now you have got to quit hoarding all the sacrifices! Send her to me as its my turn this time to get one... You can have the next drill guage I get from Handyman Club of America instead. Deal?

The Cabal is keeping an eye on both of them.

However, as High Priest of the Woodworking Gods, I will inform you that a small sacrifice to the would be welcome. Don't try it at home, as High Priest I handle all their administrative work, so just send it along to me. Short, slight plump, brunette, human female, by preference. Don't feel obliget, this is strictly voluntary, on your part. But, you might want to consider not getting them upset.

There is no Cabal.

JOAT Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

- Unknown

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 18 Dec 2003. Some tunes I like.

Mark Hopkins

We know who ISN'T gonna win the door prize this month...right?

Reply to
Mark Hopkins