Built-in design book?

'Wreckers,

Can anyone recommend a good book on designing built-ins? I'm looking to design and build some built-in entertainment and shelf units.

My goal is to learn about general proportional practices, ideas for odd situations, etc... in the classical styles. The stuff that would have been standard issue in a nice home built from about 1890-1930.

I haven't found what I'm looking for in my local library. I'm finding mostly Sunset Books stuff with butt-ugly 70's ideas.

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Yesterday, I picked up a Taunton book on fine cabinetry, which has about 90% of the info I'll need. I think I'm going to dig out the FWW entertainment center issue for the other 10%.

Thanks again, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Check out some home theater magazines. They won't give you furniture designs, but it will give you some ideas. Also, architecture and design mags.

Reply to
DarylRos

I never thought of that.

Thanks, Barry