Re: HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

I love the smell of urban legends in the morning.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Barry Burke responds:

And add in the cost of Club...I haven't looked at one in a decade or more, but I'd bet you're tossing 70 bucks into the wind to get even with a jerk. Add that to filing a false police report. :)

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson

Reply to
Charlie Self

Mike Z, where did you learn to read?

Mike D. clearly indicated that "A friend of mine (whose dad is a retired CHP officer) sent this to me. This story is from her dad: ;~)

Reply to
Leon

How's that scam working for you? Me, I've been trying for years to become some rich chick's sex slave. No takers.

Reply to
Silvan

Barry, In that 'Perfect World' you're 100% right . . . However . . .

I have seen people pull into Handicap parking slots . . . usually driving some kind of 'Humongomobile' and get disgusted by it. After a while, {sometimes I'm a 'slow learner'} I stopped 'turning them in'. The establishment owners typically don't care - often the spaces are only there because the 'law' says they HAVE to be there.

The local 'Law' don't care - it's either not worth their effort, or you disturbed their coffee break {ever see a Patrol Car cruising a parking lot and driving right by them ??}. Once I even got chewed out for flagging one down and pointing out the violation.

As far as taking pictures {digital or otherwise, showing license plate, etc.}? . . . "Hey, pal - I/we didn't see it so there is nothing we {the Law} can do". This is the same answer I got when I tried to report that someone had sideswiped my car {I had the plate #}. The basic answer - "If we don't see it happen. . it didn't happen".

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote>

SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen

That's your trouble. Your looking to start at the top.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I have a hard time believing all that lumber could be held up in the stack at that angle by that string. Sure looks flimsy to me.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

The only thing I ever knew of that actually worked, after Kalifornia cops gave up ticketing bozos who parked in handicapped spaces, was the tool my paternal grandmother had me make.

She was handicapped, badly. Had trouble operating the _diagonal wire cutters_ she carried in her car.

I had some long extensions welded on the handles, and that made it a lot easire for her to snip off >tire stems

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Move the car? Ummm, Mark, I can call you Mark, can I?, Tell me something Mark. Do you reeeeeeeeealy believe what you just said?

According to the text, the driver was off running up and down the highway so I'm not sure whazup with this theory.

By the way, I'm initialization impaired. What's a LEO? I suspect it has some meaning to cop groupies but I'm not sure what not being a cop groupie and all.

Oh that's right. It's on the Internet therefore it must be...

sigh...

It blows real good. Trouble is so does the lumber car.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

When you look at the paint stripes, I think you also have to notice the exhaust in the first picture, and the fact the vehicle is pretty much off its front wheels.

Ford pickup is the same.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

You were doing fine up to there, assuming the story is true. 911 call centers get the phone number of the caller...... Filing a false police report is a felony in most states.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Around here, they raised the fine for illegally parking in a handicapped spot to $5000.00. People complained. That's right - they said the fine was too high. Our civilization isn't keeping up with our society.

Mike Who some days really wants to move into the woods and not see anyone anymore.

Reply to
Michael Daly

No kidding. At least you'd be getting laid and you would be

50% there which is way better than a big fat goose egg.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yabbut, trading up ain't no cake walk. The poor one usually ends up richer than the rich one after the major combat operations are over.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Thank you Owen. The Mensa people are now reaccepting applications from rec.wooddorkers.

UA100, who also would like to point out, "so how'd the guy even get off the lumber yards lot with his tires dug into the fender wells anyway?"... among the other debunkafications I could cite..

Reply to
Unisaw A100

In the story, nobody 'filed' a false report. The guy made a false statement to the police.

I suppose if he told the police that it looked to him like the guy was driving drunk (which appears to be true) when he pulled in and parked then they might have also arived with equal alacrity and effect.

I think I'd go with the 'report a possibly drunk driver' approach. A lot of PDs take DWI very seriously and some also take 'aggressive driving' reports. I dunno wha tthey do with those, they just advertise that they take the reports.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

What law? I never heard that before.

This isn't true in my area. There's a $250 fine for parking in a handicap spot without a permit. You hardly ever see someone in those spots without a permit. Its an easy $250 for the city.

Hope ya'll had a nice weekend...

Trent

Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Where do they fine you $5000? I thought $250 was high! lol

Hope ya'll had a nice weekend...

Trent

Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

And some avoid them like the plague!

There was an expose' in my area about DWI citations. The cops here only give them out if they're absolutely forced to...accident, or obviously weaving, etc. and endangering themselves or someone else.

It takes on average about 3 or 4 hours to fill out all the necessary paperwork and process an arrest for DWI. The city force is undermaned...and can't afford to have a crew out of service for half of their tour.

Officially, they always give out tickets. Unofficially, it seldom happens...unless an accident or some other type of incident is also involved.

Hope ya'll had a nice weekend...

Trent

Trent©