brushing lacquer

For many years, my favorite clear top coat for tables, cabinets and the like has been Deft Clear Finish which is a brushing lacquer. I like it because it builds well and sands easy; all in all, an excellent product for DIY.

I now have a need for another gallon and it is unavailable locally. I could buy it online for $26.49 plus, I am sure, a killer shipping fee. Since it is from Deft/PPG Arcitectural Finshes via Amazon I could buy two gallons and get free shipping except that I don't NEED two gallons plus the fact that it ships "usually within 1-2 months". MONTHS?? Alternatively, I could get it quickly from another vendor but they sell only four gallons at a crack for about $180 shipping included. No, thanks.

Locally, the only thing I can find is a brushing lacquer from Watco but only in quarts. Anyone ever used this? How does it compare to Deft?

I presume the availability of quarts only is a result of the feds war on volatile emissions. Damned if I can understand how me using four quart cans is less damaging than me using a gallon can. Only damage is to my wallet.

Reply to
dadiOH

"dadiOH" wrote in news:nq96mk$ueh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Have you tried paint stores, or just the home centers?

Reply to
Doug Miller

The Sherwin Williams dealer here carries it.

Reply to
Markem

Not all that many real paint stores around, checked one, no go.

Reply to
dadiOH

Good to know thanks, I'll check them next time I am close.

Reply to
dadiOH