Broken Craftsman scroll saw available FREE

It's a 16" Variable Speed scroll Saw, model # 113.236150.

About 10 years old, hardly used. Friend had it stored in his garage, apparently something fell on it and busted the "housing", a "C"-shaped casting that supports the upper arm. (It's actually two halves bolted together. Both halves are broken.) The hold down foot, made of spring steel, looks a little bent, but maybe is okay. The rest of it looks fine.

Free to anyone who wants it for parts. Manual included.

Friend tried to get replacement parts from the Sears web site. Ordered a new housing on Friday, they replied "In stock, 7 days shipping", but then today he got an email from them - Parts no longer available and never will be. They canceled the order and credited it back to his account.

Located in Belmont, MA (Boston suburb.) I won't ship it, but if we can arrange for a pickup or nearby delivery, it's yours.

Email me if you want it: snipped-for-privacy@post.harvard.edu. (Too late for SPAM prevention, the reply-to email on this post works, I've been on every SPAM list for decades, so there's no point in trying to disguise it any more :-)

Reply to
John Santos