Free saw blade books

If you email snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com I will reply and attach 2 pdf=92s.

  1. Lowell Freeborn=92s Carbide Saw Manual.
  2. Carbide Saw Specification Manual

Lowell Freeborn started SystiMatic with Bob Budke then went on to found Freeborn tool in Spokane. His book is a standard in the tool industry. This is the original version and is a bit dated in parts. He uses the old metric to inch conversion ratio and many of the carbide companies listed no longer exist. However his descriptions of saw sharpening and saw hammering are considered industry classics. They are extremely accurate and very easy to understand.

The Carbide Saw Specification Manual does not list an author or source and I cannot find one. It reads very much like it was written by Don Anderson who was head of cutting tool engineering for Weyerhaeuser in the 80=94s. It was written for sawmill saws but is a standard in industry for all saws.

Mush of this information is on our web site in the form of individual articles however I promised Mr. Freeborn that I would do his best to keep his book alive.

Too many truly good books disappear. At one time I had Chisels on a Wheel on my web site. I had permission from the publisher who was the copyright holder. Then the author=92s daughter surfaced, acquired the copyright and insisted I take the book down. Saving these books is sort of a hobby, I guess.

tom

Reply to
tomwalz

Specification

Tom, Thanks for sending me these, I work in a medium size sawmill and these are useful resources.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Happy to.

We have a lot more information on our web site at

. If you are not getting our newsletter, just email and I'll add you to the list.

Tom

Reply to
tomwalz

2