Product/parts info for Craftsman 15.5" Drill Press?

I've been looking, but can only find a way to order one from Sears,com for about 15 bucks. The site isn't working very well tonight, and it won't take my order, so I'll have to call later and see if I can get it that way.

In the mean time (or until I get around to calling them), I was wondering if anyone here could suggest where to find a owner's/parts manual on-line.

It's an older 15.5" drill press model # 113.213780 (serial # 2116.P0087, does that mean it was made in 1987?). I just picked it up for free from the neighbor of a friend who wanted it out of his garage. It seems to work OK, but the mechanism for raising the table has a broken part. It's got some kind of weird chain and sprocket lift assembly and the crank for the little sprocket is broken off. Looks like a poor design, but hey, it was free so I can afford to invest a little time/effort/money in it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--Hedley

Reply to
Hedley

If it's anything like the one I had, that table lift was an after market offering in the early '80s, as I recall. Prior to that time, very few, if any, Sears DPs had a crankup mechanism for their tables. Mine was c1972. After that time (early '80s) just about all of their DPs had a built in crank mechanism.

Yes, the after market design wasn't the best. The parts were a pot metal type casting. Mine broke. I made a brace and sort of got it to work. It never worked that great to begin with. It was better than a sharp stick in the eye, but just barely. Not at all like a built in one.

Good luck on parts. My guess is you'll have zero chance of getting any. The kit was only available for a couple of years.

Reply to
LRod