brass tubing

I'm building a cradle and the plans call for brass lamp tubing 1/2 OD. Anybody know where to find this? John

Reply to
Quadindad2

Hardware store. Look for a rack of hobbyist metals. A company whose name I forgot supplies the rack to stores. I've seen identical displays at Ace and somewhere else in town.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Take a look here and do a search for what you want.

Reply to
Leon

Any hobby shop that carries model building supplies. A common brand name is K&S.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Depending on the size of city that you live in (don't think you would find one in Snowball, Ark) you might try a hobby shop, the ones that have a lot of radio control models. RM~

Anybody know where to find this?

Reply to
Rob Mills

It used to be available in the lighting section of most home improvement stores. I haven't looked in awhile, so that may or may not still be true.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Unless you can find thick-walled outlets, the K&S tubing might be a bit light weight, but it's worth looking. Most hobby shops also hold a K&S rack or two.

More appropriate might be...

Electric Craftsman Inc Address: 1424 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343 Phone: (952) 935-6739

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

It's not clear what function the brass tubing will serve in the cradle. If it is to be a bushing of sorts then the thin wall stuff you get at hobby stores probably wouldn't do. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Thanks all, I did find it at my local hobby shop. It is for the pivot bushings, and yes it is very thin. Thanks again, John

Reply to
Quadindad2