Bosch 4000 TS & dust collection

I have recently purchased a Jet 650CK dust collector and I have hooked it up to my Bosch 4000 table saw with the kind help of one of the readers of this news group. I have attached the dust collector to the 2 1/2" dust collection port and with a splitter I have another dust collection point at the bottom of the saw where I have sealed in the stand with a board and Delta dust collection hood. I am getting much less saw dust but the forward motion of the saw blade still kicks dust outward towards the operator.

I notice that there is a 1" x 2" rectangular hole in the top of the blade guard. I wonder if that is for some kind of shop made or purchasable fitting to hook up a dust collection hose. In the book "Controlling Dust in the Workshop" by Rick Peters, he talks about cutting a hole in your blade guard and attaching a 2" hose. It seems like Bosch already thought of this if that is what the 1" x 2" slot is for.

Have any of you tried doing this with your Bosch saw? If so, how did you hook up your hose to the blade guard? Has it been effective?

Thank you for your help.

Dick Snyder

(If you want to email me rather than posting your reply, please remove the string "REMOVE-" in front of my email address)

Reply to
Dick Snyder