Frankenplane?

Way in the back of my drawer of planes, I came across an odd old one. The body of the plane is marked "Bailey" and "4", but the lever cap is a Stanley.

Did Stanley make planes using the Bailey body?

Thanks, Ed Bailen

Reply to
Ed Bailen

Start reading with this page and then read the rest of the website.

in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in Fairfax

That pretty much describes a plane I have and identified as a Stanley-Bailey Type 10 (User condition).

Stanley made both "Bailey" and "Bedrock" planes.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

Trippy irony here too, for your post. The Stanley #5 I just bought on eBay (from a nice lady) is also that, "Bailey" only on the toe, then "No. 5" on the heal and no "Stanley" on it anywhere, it's got three patent dates ending with 1910, smaller brass adjustment knob and a much newer lever-cap with the K-hole and orange around the 'Stanley' name. I think the only franken about it is the lever-cap, and the frog does have the adjustment screw on the lower back of it, if that matters. any interjections of great wisdom and knowledge on it (besides massive readin' in blood'n'gore, I like comm)?

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Spoonfeed: