Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

I have yet to buy a Bosch power tool that disappointed me. I won't buy this one without hearing the market's reaction, but it's sure on my list.

Reply to
DGDevin

Sure looks good to me and I need a new one.

The short back stroke looks handy. I wonder if they put softstart into it. One of them had it years ago...either Bosch or Ryobi??

Reply to
Josepi

Perhaps there is a wee bit more action on those steering bearings?

-- I am an old man, but in many senses a very young man. And this is what I want you to be, young, young all your life. -- Pablo Casals

Reply to
Larry Jaques

About $700? Well, the tool needs to last for more than 5 years for industrial use and longer for personal use. These types of tools should not have to be replaced as often as updating or purchasing new computers... are we getting into that mindset?

When Delta first came out with the Sawbuck, I thought is was the cat's meow. I bought a second generation Sawbuck (the table was upgraded), for about $500, back in the early 1980s, I think. I still use it and it still works very well. It's been a good investment, IMO. About

80% of its use has been personal/hobby, I suppose.

$700 shouldn't be a negative, if the tool will stand up to time of good rugged, non-abusive use and remain accurate with its performance.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'm not an engineer but I do have a lot of background in how things work or wear (Machine Tool Rebuilder in another lifetime) and I have to say that the more moving parts or joints the more chance for "slop". I have the Bosch 12" slider that I bought when they first came out and it's still real accurate but the tubes are just a c hair sloppy. I haven't looked in the manual but I think I can take up the slop some... I look forward to more reviews by "wreckers" who have hands on experience then I might sell mine and upgrade. It looks real cool too.

RP

Reply to
RP

I just bought a 5312 and am rather disappointed in its dust collection, or lack thereof.

Reply to
krw