bookcase/hidden door?

Anyone with plans for a bookcase/hidden door?

Reply to
Fran McKain

There were no plans in it IIRC, but there was a long thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Google for "Hinged Bookshelf Design" (with quotes).

Reply to
Igor

Check out

The Hidden Door Company

9404 Red Spruce Way Elk Grove, CA 95624 877.218.5434

About $1500 for a setup but they also sell the h>>

Art Deco

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago and have since finished my design and built two units that hinge to hide a small concealed space behind them. Basically two standard 3/4" cab ply bookshelves with rabbet/dado joints and the back 1/4" ply *glued* in place to prevent racking. It's all held up by continuous/piano hinges (got a deal for 7' heavy duty ones - $10 a pop!). I'm working on the mouldings now and then will be tearing down for finishing.

I'll post pics to a.b.p.w as soon as the batteries in the digital camera are charged (doh!).

Reply to
Henry Webb

I've looked through their site but find no reference to selling hinges. What's unique about the hinges they use?

Phil

Art Deco wrote:

Reply to
Phil