bookcase plans

I am looking for bookcase plans that anyone might might be willing to share. It is to be a wall mounted bookcase, something unique, something I can build without having to design.

Anyone out there know of such plans?

Thanks

Ger

Reply to
ger

Nail 4 boards together into a square and add a board in the middle for a shelf. Then nail a piece of plywood to the back and hang on the wall. NEXT...... --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Another great crapsman or wood butcher obviously. "Gee honey I really need the $1500 table saw to do this. :)) "Dave Jackson" wrote in news:Nq4Pf.7798$S25.6307 @newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

How fancy do you want to get? Doors with lead glass windows? Painted or stained? Wood or MDF? You're going to have to bound us here.

I'm in the process of building one now. It's not too bad to do. To add a little bit of uniqueness, you just add space. For example, use a router to cut arches in the legs and front like I did. Or make vertical slots in the legs. Look around for shapes that appeal to you and route them in.

BTW, just beware that once you start making cuts like that, the legs are no longer symmetrical. I have two right legs for my bookcase :(.

Reply to
Michael White

Guessing you want a display case with some place for books, which differs from a bookcase. A bookcase has shelves sized to the books, not eleven inches wide, and an interval that allows 3/4" of finger space above, not enough for your HS basketball trophy. Shelves of 3/4 material span no more than 30" unsupported, and are housed in dados in the uprights. A kick underneath and a cornice at the top add character, the rest works for a living.

Used book store might have Sunset's book on built-ins.

has some posted recently.

Reply to
George