Concealed door

In one of the rooms I am remodeling, I need to punch a door on one side and connect it to a hallway.

This door will be occasionally used.

The wall right now has wall to wall floor to ceiling built-in book shelves.

I am wondering, would it be neat to do a door that is part of the book shelf, you know like in some movie you have a concealed doorway.

I would assume due to the weight of the books, one end of it has to be on rollers?

Shelves would have to be tilted in to avoid opening the door too fast and books will fly out?

The door opening would be about 36" wide, maximum 52". Any ideas and comments? Any images I can use as a reference? I don't mean the hideadoor.com stuff.

If this is a terrible idea please let me know now...I won't start on it for about another month.

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Actually, you might want to check back issues of Fine Homebuilding. In one recent edition, they had plans for a hidden door / bookcase/ room divider

Reply to
++

Woodfold Mfg. Inc. markets a bookcase door systerm. T

Reply to
AAllc.architects