Best Carbide Router Bit Quality (Overall)

I'd be interested in hearing the group's opinions on the best carbide router bit manufacturer (strictly in terms of quality) which is demonstrably still in business (i.e., answers its phones). I've been using Jesada for several years but have gathered that it may no longer be a viable point of purchase.

JC

Reply to
John M. Crossett

JC, I now buy only Whiteside bits as I need them. None better IMO and they are made in the U.S. A. A lot of places have them. Just Google for Whiteside Router Bits.

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

IMHO, CMT is the best, Amana, Whiteside, Freud. In that order.

Reply to
Leon

Best quality, price not a factor?

IMO - CMT

Reply to
Greg Millen

I'm using exclusively Dimar router bits. They're made in Italy and they're high quality. Never had a problem and they also have a wide variety of models... Check them out

're obviously not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Wally

Reply to
Wally

Woodcraft sell Whiteside.

Reply to
WD

I like Whiteside and CMT.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

infinity. terrific quality, good prices, good support. USA made and owned.

John M. Crossett wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

In my view, 2 different operators with the same bit in the same material may get substantially different cutter life. Operator has more influence on cut quality and cutter life than source. A few words at the

link.

Routerman P. Warner

|I'd be interested in hearing the group's opinions on the best carbide router |bit manufacturer (strictly in terms of quality) which is demonstrably still |in business (i.e., answers its phones). I've been using Jesada for several |years but have gathered that it may no longer be a viable point of |purchase.

Whiteside

Reply to
Wes

After making several bad purchases based on magazine reviews (including FWW which surprised me), I only buy Frued and Whiteside. To be honest, I don't think I ever tried CMT (just for reference sake).

Whiteside are by far the best I've used although I think the Freud in many cases are just as good and are a better value.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34