Bar Designs

Hey,

Am looking for designes/plans for a family room bar and back bar (with wet sink)

Any sugestions? email me at snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

thank you

Reply to
dick hermes

try Google.... and sorry, if you don't have time to come back here and read a response - why would we bother?

Reply to
Bob S.

Yeah I got a few.

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

to Bob S and Henry

just recently got on the discussion group with new webt tv with no prior experience with discussion groups and I thought one could pose a problem/question and get an answer or suggestion

my first reaction to your response's was embarssment (sp) for apparently not knowing how things are done in discussion groups, like I said I just recently got web tv (and it has taken this long to get the nerve to enter a discussion group) -- I mistakenly thought one could pose a question and other like minded people (not prima donna's) would respond with a suggestion/answer etc.. again --- my first response was embarssment --- my 2nd reaction was --- BITE ME -- i was only looking for some help -- I apologize for assuming one could enter your domain

please excuse any spelling or grammar errors - obvousily I am an idiot!!!!

Reply to
dick hermes

You gotta remember, there are a lot of idiots out there. Add to that, everyone gets bigger balls when they get in here. This is a huge group.

A few suggestions before posting. Hang out for a while, then you can see how things are done.

Make an effort to find information yourself, then when you do post, you will have something useful to bring to the discussion.

Always plan on reading the group for responses, not your e-mail.

Get a different posting account than web tv. Some people here have all web tv users filtered out, because past experience has shown them to be only beginners, and irritating.

Post more exacting details about what you want, as to size, materials, ect.

Get a thick skin, learn how to make a blocked senders list, and add other filters.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

Say Dick,

You posted: "Am looking for designes/plans for a family room bar and back bar (with wet sink)"

Any sugestions? email me at snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

I posted:

"try Google.... and sorry, if you don't have time to come back here and read a response - why would we bother?

In case you didn't notice - I did make a suggestion - try Google. Sorry you don't know a thing about it but don't climb on my butt because you don't. You didn't say you were new to this nor do we have anyway of knowing other than guessing from the way your question was posted - no details.

And what makes you so special that we need to email responses directly to you ? The questions/answers are for the benefit of the group and if you hung around for more than the 20 seconds it took you to post the question - you would have known that.

Now - come back with your question and this time try providing some details. For instance, if you're a newbie to woodworking, that's good to know so we don't make design suggestions that you don't have the tools or capabilities to do.

What experience as a woodworker do you have or are you looking for some real basic ideas that you can build with minimum tools ? How big are you looking to make this bar ? Free-standing front bar ? Attached to a wall ? Built-in back bar ? Any limitations such as supporting posts in the way that need to be incorporated ?

One other suggestion - if you don't help yourself, don't expect others to spoon feed you here either. Do a search on the group for ... JOAT ... he's posted tons of links to plans and then read the FAQ that David Eisan posts regularly.

Now...about that "Bite Me" remark.................

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.