Bandsaw Blade length

Another BS (bandsaw ;-)) question.......

I bought the Bridgewood 17" bandsaw and am awaiting it's delivery. At the same time, I'm starting to look at blades for the saw since I don't expect much from the stock blade...... Wilkes website states that the blade length is 132". However, the saw is made by OAV and their website says the blade length is 131-3/4".

Does 1/4" (either longer or shorter) make any difference?

Woody

Reply to
woodydelsur

None, there there's likely to be about 3" of vertical adjustment which gives about +-3" latitude.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall

You should have that much adjustment.

Reply to
Don Dando

Easily since 1/4" of blade equals 1/8" of vertical wheel travel.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood