Band Saw questions

I use scraps to start the fire but beyond that it tends to burn too hot and too quickly. I prefer fire wood in the raw once the fire is going.

Reply to
Leon

Rilly. A deuce and a half differs from my pickup truck how?

And can't I resaw with a garden variety, non-resaw bandsaw?

Reply to
MikeWhy

Similar story here. I spent $100 on a 1960's vintage 12" Sears Craftsman with a 1/3 HP motor. I invested about that much again in parts (mostly new tires and some missing guards) and some good Timberwolf blades, and I've got a perfectly usable tool for what I use it for.

I've even managed to slice some 6" wide veneers on it, but that's an exercise in patience (and perhaps, obstinance). If I ever wanted to do that kind of stuff in any serious way, I'd be looking for a heftier saw. I suppose I could put a larger motor on this one.

Reply to
Roy Smith