Anyone use Bosch 1617 with dust extractor?

Since buying a jointer I can't even get around my shop, so something has to go. Looks like the router table.

I would like to buy one that mounts in place of a table saw wing, but I really like the near perfect dust collection I have now.

Bosch makes a "dust extractor" for their 1617 that attaches to the router opposite the chip shield. Has anyone tried it? If I attach the DC to the below table dust extractor and also to the port in the fence will that do an adequate job?

Thanks.

Reply to
toller

Build a box under the wing. The dust extractor will still miss a lot of chips.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Yep. It catches most of the dust and chips, but by no means all. It's certainly far better than no dust collection, though. I use it when I have to rout on the bench (e.g. when plunge routing, or on pieces that are too large to maneuver on the router table). On the router table, I use an enclosure.

Probably -- but you'll have better results, and less hassle, if you build a box underneath the table that will totally enclose the router, and add a dust port to the box. Very little dust escapes.

The downside is that you have to remove the router from the table to change bits or make adjustments (although a router lift such as the JessEm solves the latter problem).

Doug Miller