old boyce crane 1935-45?

I have an old Boyce Crane tilting arbor table saw that needs some TLC but everything works. Is it worth the effort to put in to it I am considering selling it. It has the original motor to I think. It is not a cabinet saw, its mounted to a home made 2x4 type table. The motor weighs more than the cast iron table with arbor. LOL. Anyone got an Idea of its value.

Thanks, Kris

Reply to
Kris

Kris -

Check out the old iron at

You should be able to get more info on it there.... BTW, the saw is worth NOTHING at all, in fact, I have come to understand that the EPA considers it to contain some pretty serious industrial wastes. Tell you what, if you'll ship it to me, I'll take it care of it for you... No charge! We're having a community Hazardous Materials tablesaw collection day next week. You've REALLY lucked out by finding ME.

E mail me for details, and DON'T listen to the rest of the whiners here saying that I'm foolin' you... ;-)

John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Reply to
John Moorhead

We have a Boice Crane 10 inc table saw in our shop. About 15 years ago I needed parts and I found a place that had original parts for the machine. I have no clue where to find them again. The saw works pretty nicely for the little use we give it. max

Reply to
max

If it's anything like the ones I had, the trunnions were too dinky to support the arbor assembly and motor properly. I sold them both together for $100 and was happy to get rid of them.

Reply to
phil_ordway