Anybody Know What These Are Used For?

My son grabbed some lumber off of Free Craigslist. These were in the pile.
https://i.imgur.com/ABR413v.jpg
He said that the bars are wooden dowels, painted black. The frames are 2x4's.
I have a couple of ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now.
On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 13:04:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

.. dunno .. re-enactment props ?
John T.
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 3:04:36 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Guessing: Crawl space doorways that also prevents critters from entering the crawl space. One each side of the home to allow for ventilation.
Otherwise, no clue. Sonny

\ I've seen them before but cannot remember where - - - -
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 8:14:28 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:

That's exactly what I've been saying to myself all day. They look so damn familiar.
Maybe they remind us of what John T hinted at: Old jail house windows, sort of...but sideways.