Any idea on what is this?

Hi all!!

There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction site, here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how to use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you help me with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know it's in spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all.

Thanks in advance to all! Nautilus

Reply to
nautilus

> Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all. >

AntiVir tells me that the site is trying to load a Trojan horse: TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1 Side effects: . Records keystrokes . Registry modification . Steals information

Reply to
JB

nautilus wrote: | Hi all!! | | There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction | site, here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary | planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how | to use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you | help me with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know | it's in spanish, but would you look at the pictures only? | |

|| Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at | all.

If it's a woodworking tool, then it looks like some kind of bending jig.

I wonder if it might not be a leatherworking 'vise' - for holding a piece of leather firmly while it's being tooled?

Just my wild guesses...

Morris Dovey

I have three guesses: One, a pasta maker Two, a tool to fix broken alarm clocks Three, as Alec Guiness would say, " I haven't the foggiest" Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

I had my daughter, who speaks Spanish, attempted to translate the page. Her guess is the person listing the item thinks it's a wood planer but my guess is that it is a tool used to thickness leather for making belts (harness making and drive belts). See:

Nova

The Babelfish translation:

Guarantee: You will receive the article that is seen in the photos. The commentaries received by all the users speak of my seriousness in the operations. Always giving quality Thanks to visit my articles Make his supply after to have read all the referring one to the article, the conditions of indicated payment and shipment more down. If it has some doubt it makes his consultation. Description of the published article: VERY RARE, OLD And PARTICULAR TOOL Rare tool of bank

- It seemed to be devastating or a cepilladora one of wood This made totally in iron and does not have any mark or seal It has element of fixation for bank, an adjustable track support roller and a blade Without a doubt a very particular piece for the lovers of the tools and of the rustic antiguedades. 19 xs measure approx 9 xs 12 centimeters A very particular piece to decorate... to collect... EXCELLENT STATE RARE And OLD TOOL DEVASTADORARARA And OLD TOOL DEVASTADORARARA And OLD DEVASTATING TOOL RARE And OLD RARE DEVASTATING TOOL And OLD DEVASTATING TOOL Follow this auction close by... observes... compares... supplies... IT DOES NOT LET SEE ALL MY ARTICULOS... MAKE CLIK AQUI SURELY IT FOUND SOMETHING FOR YOU... And ONE DOES NOT LOSE The NEW PUBLISHED ARTICULOS MONDAYS And TUESDAY * IF HAPPENED The 5 DAYS RUN, FROM The MOMENT OF The PURCHASE, THERE IS No COMMUNICATION On the part of the BUYER Or The OPERATION DOES NOT TAKE SHAPE, I RESERVE The RIGHT TO GIVE BY DESERT The SAME One And TO DESCRIBE ACCORDING TO IT CORRESPONDS BEING I ARTICULATE AVAILABLE. The best service post sale, rapidity in the shipments, security, seriousness. My Reputation to the 02-04-2007, Puntaje 259, with a 100% of positive qualifications (0 % refusals). I am member of MercadoLibre from the 26-07-2004 and am registered in Bernal, GREAT Buenos Aires. Beam click to know the commentaries here that I received from other users. COSTS OF ENVIO OF THIS I ARTICULATE BY ARGENTINE MAIL: PREVIOUS I DEPOSIT, TURN Or BANKING TRANSFERENCE (BANK NATION) CAPITAL And PROVINCE OF Buenos Aires $ 10,00 REST OF PAIS $ 12,00 I DO NOT MAKE ENVIOS BY CONTRAREEMBOLSO ENVIOS BY COMPANY OF TRANSPORT FROM THE RETIREMENT TERMINAL: PREVIOUS I DEPOSIT, TURN Or BANKING TRANSFERENCE (BANK NATION) AGREED PRICES VARIAN To the WEIGHT And the DESTINY - TO CONSULT PREVIOUSLY BY SERVICE OF MENSAJERIA: FEDERAL CAPITAL $

12.00/15.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) GREAT NORTH Buenos Aires And The WEST $ 20.00/25.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) GREAT SOUTH BUENOS AIRES $ 15.00/20.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) Or IT IT CAN RETIRE UD. SAME WITHOUT COST BY ZONE BERNAL (Next to the station) GREAT Buenos Aires SOUTH ZONE It can consult the prices of Argentine Mail here making click
International shipments to consult previously
Reply to
B A R R Y

Just what I thought it was ... a torture device for those with overdrawn bank accounts.

Reply to
Swingman

Mike Berger

Substitute "bench" for "bank" as they are one end the same work in Spanish

Reply to
shawn

Hi all!

Thanks so much for all the responses!! And thanks Nova for the great link.

I think that the evidence point to the leather working tool, I'll find more info with that baseline.

Sorry for the spanish post, and cheers to all! Nautilus

Ocultar texto de la cita -

Reply to
nautilus