another quick tip: dusting gizmo

Greetings, T'other day I got a little duster at the grocery store for a buck. Twirl the handle between your palms to electrostatically charge the mop. Looks like a critter from Dr. Seuss. Works like a charm for getting dust off the tools hanging on the wall, between the bars of a Ledu lamp, and other little nooks and crannies that are a pain to dust or vacuum. (Hey, gotta have something to do while the brads dry.)

While I'm at it, I'll mention a little round basting brush I found in the cookware section of the same grocery store. It looks just like the $4.50 detailing brush in the GarrettWade catalog (minus the cup hook), but it's $1.39. Works great for getting dust and fine shavings out of a plane--you know, that dust trap around the frog adjusting screw.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Good tips. SWMBO is always on my case when we shop because I come up with (to her) the most odd reasons to buy things... reasons for which they aren't meant. Most of the ideas aren't my own as they come from the wreck or from the websites of the wreck's patrons.

"Woah... I could use that as a.... for when I... "

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.
2 words: Air Compressor. lol
Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

These things, though, actually pick up the dust so it can be disposed of. AC just blows it around and it settles right back where it came from unless it can find a freshly finished surface instead.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

It's even worse if you're a woodworker AND a model railroader :-).

Reply to
lgb