Quick tip

To avoid drilling holes through electric cables in the wall I have a good idea. Don't drill holes. Bob.

Reply to
bob

Or even better switch off the electric at the mains, then if you do it won't go bang. The only draw back using this method would be your drill will only drill a few holes as you wont have any electric to charge the battery up.

Reply to
htmark98

I have an even better idea...source the information how to do it first.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Well how else are we to make round holes then?

A much more sensible tip would be to purchase a house without electricity.

dg

Reply to
dg

But where would you plug in your drill or recharge it without electricity? Bob

Reply to
bob

Put the cables above the plaster? I't a thought, use the nails / clips to hold up your wallpaper [see wallpaper thread]

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

I can see the logic in that. Bob

Reply to
bob

I can sell you bags of ready-made holes. Just send me the details of your bank account, passwords etc. You sound like the kind of person who would.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I have a drill that will make square holes.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Would the ready made holes be in different depths and sizes? Bob

Reply to
bob

You just squeeze out as much of a hole as you need from the bag.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Drilling holes in a gas pipe can be equally as dangerous.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...or a house with all possible holes pre-drilled, for safety :)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Oh No! lets hope some bright spark in the ODPM isn't reading this .... Part T - Through-Wall Apertures Requirement?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Do such things exist?

Very good idea - would save all those extension leads we're using to avoid Part P chafing against door frames. Hole big enough for a 63A ceeform should cover most cookers and showers.

Owain

Reply to
Owain