Re: Church Booth Plans

One of the greatest things about being a woodworker is the respect and

> reverence you receive from your family, friends, and neighbors, > especially when they need something. You can imagine how proud I felt, > when my neighbors asked for my help in constructing a booth for the > Church Fair. They said things like "you're very handy", "you're so > talented" and "saw envy". Blinded by such flattery, I pumped out my > chest and said "Yes, I will build it".

Sucker!!!!! (Ask me how I know...)

> Unfortunately, now I actually have to build it and the clock is > ticking... >

Get yourself a bunch of 2x4's and some carriage bolts, washers and wing nuts. Build the uprights like you would the corner in a house - two 2x4's with scraps of 2x4 between them. The scrap between creates a space that a perpendicular 2x4 will just slide into. Place the scrap so that the 2x4 that slide in sits on top of the scrap between the doubled up 2x4's. Run a carriage bolt through the intersection and throw the washer and wing nut on it. Don't go crazy trying to brace the thing seven ways to Sunday until you put it all together and see how rigid the assembly is. Even then, use minimum bracing. Remember - this is not a house, it's a game booth and it will see little use. Set up and knock down are as important as making something that will withstand the next 8.5 earthquake.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Marlow

It's a front made with a counter for taking tickets and issuing footballs. Stands on its own, with a signboard on 2x posts.

Back is a pair of uprights braced and/or weighted against tumbling, supporting the blanket with the hole, and the sloped blanket used to end the flight of the ball..

Now, if outside, you can spike them in place through predrilled holes and hang a tarp across.

Reply to
George