Another tip of the day.

Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Reply to
ARW

Customer?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Even if they have stubble, an Adam's apple, wearing bloke's clothes and call themselves "Dave", calling them "fella" is treading on thin ice, possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means and why they shouldn't consider reporting you for a hate crime 8=|

Welcome to 2018 :-)

Reply to
Tim Watts

One of our neighbours named their daughter Fella. It means butterfly in Italian. I just looked it up.

Reply to
GB

Have you noticed that there are no numbers in that? Numbers are being discriminated against.

I like numbers. I'm being discriminated against. YOU ARE HATEFUL!

Reply to
GB

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Reply to
GB

No.

Reply to
ARW

The only Italian word I know for butterfly is 'farfalla'. Plural 'farfalle', like the (butterfly-shaped) pasta. DIY-related, there is 'valvola a farfalla' = butterfly valve :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

It?s about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just ?sitters? and ?standers?. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals. Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Have you actually been in a women's toilet the day after? I am not asking about a nice country pub toilet but a busy town centre/nightclub one.

Reply to
ARW

Police officers always call me fella.

Reply to
ARW

I would never call a person "fella" Pikeys do that.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Belt up love.

Reply to
ARW

GB There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some

What makes you think that drunken woman leave a toilet any cleaner than drunken men,often they are dirtier. Bad aim at a urinal may make the surround a mess but generally the urinal can still be used by those following, The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and underwear and then that gets shatt on. The pan now is now blocked so the next visitor pulls the flush and the pan overflows.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I think we are all fairly certain LGBTTQQIAAP != you :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thank you, Bricktop...

Reply to
Tim Watts

As long as her middle name isn't Tio.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My wife used to work at the local brewery (which is run by an old friend). She's tall and skinny, and was wearing a boiler suit to unload stuff from the Transit flatbed one time when BBC local radio came to interview the owner, and asked "Could we take a photo of you and your lad" (which we all found most amusing). She was in her forties at the time.

Reply to
newshound

Erm, not quite sure where this thread is going.

I do notice a lot of this Americanism is creeping in over here where a girl or lady or female of our species when coming in to an office mostly staffed by other ladies says, hi Guys.

All a bit odd, its like many female thespians seem to hate the term Actress, preferring Actor. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff