Another tip of the day.

On 08/05/2018 22:00, Bob Eager wrote:

that would be a bit of a mouthful.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!
SteveW
On 08/05/2018 19:42, Steve Walker wrote:

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

It’s about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just “sitters” and “standers”. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals. Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:15:21 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

a".

e!

“sitters”

latter urinals.

I noticed a while ago here they had some paper notices covering up the male /female toilet signs with whether or not you could dispose of sanitary towe ls. The male/female doors signs also have what looks like brail beneath them to o. Is that really of any use. And the PIR triggered lights are left on all day and truned off in the even ings so you enter the toilets in darkness as you open the door.
I think they're taking-the-piss :-D

That’s what dunnys do, and shit too.
On 08/05/2018 20:15, Tim+ wrote:

I know a school that has unisex toilets.
--
Adam

On 08/05/2018 19:47, GB wrote:

Have you actually been in a women's toilet the day after? I am not asking about a nice country pub toilet but a busy town centre/nightclub one.
--
Adam

GB < snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.co

What makes you think that drunken woman leave a toilet any cleaner than drunken men,often they are dirtier. Bad aim at a urinal may make the surround a mess but generally the urinal can still be used by those following, The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and underwear and then that gets shatt on. The pan now is now blocked so the next visitor pulls the flush and the pan overflows.
GH
On 08/05/2018 21:56, Marland wrote:

+ 'lost' mobile phones that 'need' an upgrade.
On 08/05/2018 21:56, Marland wrote:

And which poor sod gets called out at 8am to swap the fuse in the saniflow?
--
Adam

On 09/05/2018 19:50, ARW wrote:

Do you flush the blown one down the saniflow to give the plumber some extra lucrative work :-)
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 19:42:23 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:

Maybe it was just Les**** been here long ;-)
On Tue, 8 May 2018 19:42:20 +0100, Steve Walker

Our daughter has spent much of her working life (so far) in a traditionally male dominated role and is also often wearing PPE, including helmet / visor etc. This could partly be down to the fact we brought her up to be a person, not a male or female particularly (she was just as happy ballroom dancing as helping me in the workshop or on a car / bike etc).
She has been referred to as 'mate' (assuming she's a he) and many other male orientated names whilst working and just thinks it's perfectly reasonable / acceptable (given the above).
She's even had it when not wearing the PPE but when wearing the uniform and working alongside 'fellas', especially when she's wearing her hair short (or even when long but in a pony tail as many fellas have the same).
In fact I think she would more likely to be offended if someone was to call her 'darlin', especially in a way that could be considered patronising as that would be knowingly reacting to her as a female.
My first girlfriend (a slim, long haired motorcyclist) had her bike break down in the winter and (long - short) had another 'biker' stop and pi$$ over her carbs to get her going. As she kept her helmet on ... he left with the 'now you know what to do next time' ... ;-)
I wonder if such a good Samaritan would be done for exposure or some other offence (urinating in a public place (lay-by)) 'these days'? ;-(
Cheers, T i m
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 11:15:50 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

".

It makes me wonder how people would react if someone that I know that's jus t got a prospetic penis for just over £400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public toilets just like other men. Apparently it has a pull back skin, and you get the one you ordered plus a free smaller version.
And I'm not asking him any Qs he's told me more than I was expecting or wan ted to know.
On 09/05/2018 13:01, whisky-dave wrote:

Just mentioned it over morning coffee?
--
Adam

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 20:00:09 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

la".

't

ie!

just got a prospetic penis for just over £400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public toilets just like other men.

us a free smaller version.

wanted to know.

No in the evening over tea, black 1/4 spoon of sugar with lemon in a mug br ought from the London dungeons about 20 years ago, if you think it's import ant.
whisky-dave wrote:

The latter presumably for use on cold mornings :-O
On 09/05/2018 11:15, T i m wrote:

Driving back from Warrington the other day and I pulled over on the A628 just before you enter the Barnsley border so my work mate could have a piss in the lay-by. A female motorist pulled up just after he finished and asked if she could have a piss behind my van as it gave better coverage from passing traffic than her Mini. We had to stand at the edge of the lay-by and talk about the weather whilst she had a piss:-)
--
Adam

On Wed, 9 May 2018 20:22:25 +0100, ARW

Oooerr!

And why not. I'm guessing that 'most people' have to take a leak, 'most people' will get caught out at some time or another and most people have been with other people, including the opposite gender whilst they have taken a leak at some time in their lives?
So, as long as they are doing so subtly because they are 'in need' and not off a bridge onto pedestrians for fun, I really can't see the issue (as long as it's not up against someone's house or where the rain won't wash it away or were people are regularly walking etc).
I got caught short on the way home on the train one night (someone's leaving do) and the pain in my kidneys got so bad I felt I was going to pass out. I couldn't take it any longer so I staggered off the train and asked the driver if the train had a toilet and he said it didn't. ;-(
However, once he learned it was just for a leak he shut all the train doors and told me to nip down the ramp at the end of the platform and 'be quick' (not that you can make such things 'quick' as such).
He then let me into the cab and off we when with me sitting on a little fold down seat while my kidneys recovered. ;-)
Cheers, T i m