Another tip of the day.

Guv' or mate or similar tend to annoy me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Around here the common term is Bud.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Maybe it was just Les**** been here long ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

latter urinals.

I noticed a while ago here they had some paper notices covering up the male /female toilet signs with whether or not you could dispose of sanitary towe ls. The male/female doors signs also have what looks like brail beneath them to o. Is that really of any use. And the PIR triggered lights are left on all day and truned off in the even ings so you enter the toilets in darkness as you open the door.

I think they're taking-the-piss :-D

Reply to
whisky-dave

Me to and one person in particualr annoyed me by constantly refering to me as mate, "he' was a transgendered (FTM) american male stripper who seemed to think all London men refered to each other as mate !

Reply to
whisky-dave

Our daughter has spent much of her working life (so far) in a traditionally male dominated role and is also often wearing PPE, including helmet / visor etc. This could partly be down to the fact we brought her up to be a person, not a male or female particularly (she was just as happy ballroom dancing as helping me in the workshop or on a car / bike etc).

She has been referred to as 'mate' (assuming she's a he) and many other male orientated names whilst working and just thinks it's perfectly reasonable / acceptable (given the above).

She's even had it when not wearing the PPE but when wearing the uniform and working alongside 'fellas', especially when she's wearing her hair short (or even when long but in a pony tail as many fellas have the same).

In fact I think she would more likely to be offended if someone was to call her 'darlin', especially in a way that could be considered patronising as that would be knowingly reacting to her as a female.

My first girlfriend (a slim, long haired motorcyclist) had her bike break down in the winter and (long - short) had another 'biker' stop and pi$$ over her carbs to get her going. As she kept her helmet on ... he left with the 'now you know what to do next time' ... ;-)

I wonder if such a good Samaritan would be done for exposure or some other offence (urinating in a public place (lay-by)) 'these days'? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

  • 'lost' mobile phones that 'need' an upgrade.
Reply to
Andrew

'Up-skirt' ?

Reply to
Andrew

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

Reply to
Robin

It makes me wonder how people would react if someone that I know that's jus t got a prospetic penis for just over £400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public toilets just like other men. Apparently it has a pull back skin, and you get the one you ordered plus a free smaller version.

And I'm not asking him any Qs he's told me more than I was expecting or wan ted to know.

Reply to
whisky-dave

up-kilt .

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get someone sa ying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can someone have g ender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Conjures up the concept of a new "Google Glass" app to link to your camera augmented footwear! :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

You?d call that Google Ass wouldn?t you.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I know a school that has unisex toilets.

Reply to
ARW

And which poor sod gets called out at 8am to swap the fuse in the saniflow?

Reply to
ARW

Just mentioned it over morning coffee?

Reply to
ARW

No skirts in this place (apart from the admin staff).

Reply to
ARW

What number would you like to be called?

Reply to
ARW

Do you flush the blown one down the saniflow to give the plumber some extra lucrative work :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Driving back from Warrington the other day and I pulled over on the A628 just before you enter the Barnsley border so my work mate could have a piss in the lay-by. A female motorist pulled up just after he finished and asked if she could have a piss behind my van as it gave better coverage from passing traffic than her Mini. We had to stand at the edge of the lay-by and talk about the weather whilst she had a piss:-)

Reply to
ARW